Monday, June 15, 2009

The Nappy Hair Mafia

Have you encountered a nappy mafia member? I have not encountered one personally, but I have definitely seen them in action and they are BRUTAL! Now I love my natural hair, and I avoid putting heat in it. I haven't blow dried my hair in about a year or so and I definitely don't do hot combs or things of that nature. Would I be committing some kind of crime if I wanted to? I mean it is MY HAIR! Kindly giving advice and letting me know in a respectful way that I may be causing myself heat damage is totally acceptable, but beating me up for it is not.

Is a woman that occasionally blow dries, flat irons, or presses their hair on occasion any less natural than the woman that swears by no heat? Maybe some women like the versatility of their natural hair. Is the woman that likes to wear wigs sometimes any less natural than the woman that never wears them? Maybe this woman likes to wear wigs for a change of pace (I know I do!)

I've heard of women on YouTube getting hate emails because they have done tutorials on how to make a kinky hair wig. I mean WTF...for real? I mean....for really real? What gives you the right to send HATE MAIL to someone showing people OPTIONS?? Why are you sending crazy ass emails to folks that do tutorials on blow drying or flat ironing their non chemical treated hair. I'm quite sure that these women got the memo that they may be causing themselves heat damage, so just stop the madness already.

Natural women, can we stop being so damned disrespectful to other naturals? Would it kill you to state your opinion without putting someone else down?

No comments:

Post a Comment