Friday, August 12, 2011

Who Pays For The Date?

I've had this discussion with several different people, but I would like to get your take on it.  With the dating scene the way it is today, ladies, how do you feel about paying for dates?  I'm not speaking on long term relationships, I'm speaking on the "just getting to know you" phase of a relationship? 

Call me old fashioned, but I still believe in courting.  I've always been taught that a man is supposed to "woo" a woman during the courtship period and establish how the potential relationship is supposed to play out.  Wooing does not mean that you need to lavish a date with expensive meals, jewelry, or various gifts, UNLESS you plan to keep that going throughout the course of the relationship.  Dating should not have to cause you financial hardship.  A walk in the park while eating ice cream and getting to know one another is perfectly fine.

Give me your opinion.  How do you feel about dating in this day and age?



1 comment:

  1. I say who ever asks.. I prefer for the man to offer to pay for at least the first three.. but If I ask you on a date I cant reasonably expect you to pay for it.. but if you do.. BONUS POINTS!

    ReplyDelete